Chaotic statistics of Indonesian migrant workers
Palmira Permata Bachtiar
Indonesia has become one of the biggest migrant-sending countries in Asia after Sri Lanka and the Philippines (Hugo, 2009). But, are we aware of how many Indonesians are working abroad? No one probably knows the exact answer.
Estimates of the total number of migrant workers vary from 4 million (The Jakarta Post, 2012), 4.1 million (Bank Indonesia, 2011), to 6 million (Kompas, 2011). Meanwhi...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Dozens of Rohingya come ashore in Indonesia
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga