Chaotic statistics of Indonesian migrant workers
Palmira Permata Bachtiar
Indonesia has become one of the biggest migrant-sending countries in Asia after Sri Lanka and the Philippines (Hugo, 2009). But, are we aware of how many Indonesians are working abroad? No one probably knows the exact answer.
Estimates of the total number of migrant workers vary from 4 million (The Jakarta Post, 2012), 4.1 million (Bank Indonesia, 2011), to 6 million (Kompas, 2011). Meanwhi...
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- MRT, LRT projects cause floods in Jakarta: Anies
- Water inundates Cawang underpass, Jakarta council building
- Bali's rumbling volcano slashes peak Christmas tourist numbers