Sawah Besar: Jakarta’s drug trafficking hotspot?
The Jakarta Post
Source: Megapolitan Map 2009-2010During colonial times, Sawah Besar, then known as Weltevreden, was a sprawling residential area for the Dutch elite. Today, the subdistrict in Central Jakarta could be described as a drug-trafficking hotspot.
The notorious region was back in the news earlier this month when the police arrested suspects in two drug-related crimes, following a report that a re...
- Jokowi accused of promoting secularism
- Human or not? Mysterious figure caught on camera in Aceh sparks internet frenzy
- Indonesia to be world's 4th largest economy by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia lodges complaint with WTO over US biodiesel anti-dumping duties
- Tax office to scrutinize rich Indonesians not taking part in tax amnesty
- Ngurah Rai International Airport to halt operations for 24 hours to observe Day of Silence
- Japan selected as partner for Jakarta-Surabaya railway project
- Nokia Android phones targeted for global release
- Don’t be afraid to start businesses, Jokowi tells youth
- Non-subsidized electricity prices won’t increase