Sawah Besar: Jakarta’s drug trafficking hotspot?
The Jakarta Post
Source: Megapolitan Map 2009-2010During colonial times, Sawah Besar, then known as Weltevreden, was a sprawling residential area for the Dutch elite. Today, the subdistrict in Central Jakarta could be described as a drug-trafficking hotspot.
The notorious region was back in the news earlier this month when the police arrested suspects in two drug-related crimes, following a report that a re...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses