Sawah Besar: Jakarta’s drug trafficking hotspot?
The Jakarta Post
Source: Megapolitan Map 2009-2010During colonial times, Sawah Besar, then known as Weltevreden, was a sprawling residential area for the Dutch elite. Today, the subdistrict in Central Jakarta could be described as a drug-trafficking hotspot.
The notorious region was back in the news earlier this month when the police arrested suspects in two drug-related crimes, following a report that a re...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report