Time to eat durian in the ‘Big Durian’
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Just like the fruit itself, Jakarta’s nickname of the “Big Durian” reflects life in the city. It is thorny on the outside but full of sweet promises on the inside. And like the city itself, the potent smell of the durian fruit makes people either love it or detest it.
In this wet season, the fruits can be spotted on the city’s sidewalks and in its markets. Jakartans know that it is ...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore