Time to eat durian in the ‘Big Durian’
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Just like the fruit itself, Jakarta’s nickname of the “Big Durian” reflects life in the city. It is thorny on the outside but full of sweet promises on the inside. And like the city itself, the potent smell of the durian fruit makes people either love it or detest it.
In this wet season, the fruits can be spotted on the city’s sidewalks and in its markets. Jakartans know that it is ...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business