Time to eat durian in the ‘Big Durian’
Novia D. Rulistia
The Jakarta Post
Just like the fruit itself, Jakarta’s nickname of the “Big Durian” reflects life in the city. It is thorny on the outside but full of sweet promises on the inside. And like the city itself, the potent smell of the durian fruit makes people either love it or detest it.
In this wet season, the fruits can be spotted on the city’s sidewalks and in its markets. Jakartans know that it is ...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Hunting for handbags, watches and more at Christie’s
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting