Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion