Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Addressing challenges of VAT collection in digital economy
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle': Star-studded cast, bigger action