Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia