Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- PBB, PKPI ineligible for 2019 elections: KPU