Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- JFW 2018 to feature South Korean brands, singer
- Could Weinstein face trial? The mogul's legal woes
- Japan to hold ‘ninja certification’ test in Tokyo
- Jokowi inaugurates Mandalika economic zone
- Setya dodges KPK summons yet again
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion