Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Liam Gallagher postpones Jakarta concert date
- Redenomination not in near future: Jokowi
- Ahok donates Rp 200 million for dancing fountain renovation
- Why RCEP is more dangerous than Bilateral Investment Treaties
- SBY welcomes Prabowo to meeting with 'nasi goreng'
- Cut! Regulators at odds with censors
- Dutch national arrested over alleged hashish possession
- New Zealander runs half-naked around Bogor
- Bali sees increase in number of European tourists
- House approves financial disclosure law