Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Lake Toba to hold Gowes Samosir cycling event
- Karetan Market partners with waste management startup company
- Block porn or be blocked, Indonesia warns Google, Twitter
- Celebrity Fitri Carlina endorses Wonderful Indonesia, Banyuwangi tourism
- Tourism Ministry, KBRI promote five Indonesian destinations in Thailand
- West Papua to host Senja Kaimana Festival 2017
- Facebook launches new ‘Facebook Creator’ app for video content creators
- Karetan Market holds vlog competition for visitors
- Apple pushes back release of HomePod speaker to 2018
- East Java to host Situbondo Carnival