Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Telkom to launch US$199.7m satellite in February
- Reports: Mark Zuckerberg to visit Indonesia to discuss fake news
- Nope, Lindsay Lohan didn’t convert to Islam
- Indonesia widens arms for refugees
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- Indonesia to secure ownership of 111 islets
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- FPI leader Rizieq Shihab to testify in Ahok’s hearing
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups