Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Ahok mania spreads far beyond Jakarta
- And now, Indosat website hacked
- Rohingya crisis could affect ASEAN stability: Jokowi
- Jokowi, Suu Kyi discuss Rohingya crisis
- Myanmar complies with int’l recommendations on Rohingya crisis: Suu Kyi
- Wonderful Indonesia to participate in Malaysia International Dive Expo 2017
- KPK rebuffs House inquiry
- Thousands of workers to join May Day rally in Jakarta
- Jokowi campaigns for peace, stability on Korean Peninsula
- Campaign highlights importance of fish consumption