Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- 'Millennial bravery' and taking the fight against corruption online
- Jakarta designates lane for motorcycles
- Indonesia plans to export LNG to Pakistan, Bangladesh
- Anies launches first housing project with zero down payment
- ‘Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition’ slated for March
- Commentary: 'Minor reshuffle' and Jokowi's own political survival
- Turkey starts lifting stricken plane from cliff
- Chance to push for IMF quota reform?
- BMW ranks first, Subaru rated worst in electric vehicle survey
- Jakarta hospitals face perennial problems