Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'