Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China