Activists nix airport, seaport plans for Maratua Island
The Jakarta Post
The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and environmental activists are opposing local government plans to build a seaport and airport on Maratua Island in East Kalimantan over fears the projects will disrupt nearby turtle and coral reef conservation programs.
“The construction of the projects will surely affect the turtle habitat and coral reefs on Maratua Island. I’ve protested against them sev...
- Streep ‘terrified’ to work with Hanks, Spielberg for the first time
- Year-end events to attend in Bali
- Does playing action video games change your brain?
- Minister, Anies join thousands in rally to support Palestine
- Heavy air pollution shuts schools in Iran
- BPS to start collecting e-commerce data in January
- Suspicious deaths of billionaire Canada couple investigated
- US wants no mention of `Climate Change' in new Nafta
- All work and no play leads to burnout, says new study
- Assange told not to interfere in Catalonia: Ecuador president