Gianyar bans new condotels, apartments
Ni Komang Erviani and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
Gianyar chose to take a different path in its tourism development by officially banning the construction of increasingly-popular condominium hotels, known as condotels, and apartment facilities in the regency known as the resort island’s cultural mecca.
“We have decided to ban the development of condotels or apartments in our region. The policy was made to control physical development, ...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens