Gianyar bans new condotels, apartments
Ni Komang Erviani and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
Gianyar chose to take a different path in its tourism development by officially banning the construction of increasingly-popular condominium hotels, known as condotels, and apartment facilities in the regency known as the resort island’s cultural mecca.
“We have decided to ban the development of condotels or apartments in our region. The policy was made to control physical development, ...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals