Gianyar bans new condotels, apartments
Ni Komang Erviani and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
Gianyar chose to take a different path in its tourism development by officially banning the construction of increasingly-popular condominium hotels, known as condotels, and apartment facilities in the regency known as the resort island’s cultural mecca.
“We have decided to ban the development of condotels or apartments in our region. The policy was made to control physical development, ...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia