Gianyar bans new condotels, apartments
Ni Komang Erviani and Agnes Winarti
The Jakarta Post
Gianyar chose to take a different path in its tourism development by officially banning the construction of increasingly-popular condominium hotels, known as condotels, and apartment facilities in the regency known as the resort island’s cultural mecca.
“We have decided to ban the development of condotels or apartments in our region. The policy was made to control physical development, ...
- Official turns mute about flourishing prostitution in his area
- Nearly 50,000 flee amid fears of Mt. Agung eruption
- Jokowi to visit Mt. Agung evacuees
- High alert: Mt. Agung eruption imminent
- Yogyakarta Indonesian Association Amusement Parks and Recreation meets with GenPI Yogyakarta
- Nine airports prepared in anticipation of Mt. Agung eruption
- Addressing challenges of VAT collection in digital economy
- Mt. Agung's magma moves upward
- Mt. Agung eruption could be imminent: Agency
- 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle': Star-studded cast, bigger action