Court rejects Ba’asyir’s appeal
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta: The Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of Abu Bakar Ba’asyir, upholding a lower court’s 15-year sentence on the firebrand cleric for running a terrorist training camp in Aceh.
“The court rejects the appeal by Abu Bakar Ba’asyir,” Supreme Court judge Djoko Sarwoko said as quoted by court spokesperson Ridwan Mansyur in Jakarta on Monday.
The Supreme Court also annulled the nine-year prison sentence for Ba’asyir handed down by the Jakarta High Court in October and reinstated the South Jakarta District Court’s original 15-year sentence, Kompas.com reported.
- Be a Pokemon researcher in Singapore
- Two Malaysians arrested for allegedly smuggling drugs to Bali
- Indonesia disappointed over S&P’s “uncertain” rating assesment
- Dahlan claims politics behind his arrest
- Illegal levies task force vows to create deterrents for civil servants
- 'Don't talk to much', Kalla tells Ahok ahead of campaign start
- Indonesia to launch 'Tank Boat' with amphibious capabilities
- Indonesian teachers to study in Australia
- Personnel readied to secure regional elections in C. Java
- Prenup rule for mixed marriages abolished