Court rejects Ba’asyir’s appeal
The Jakarta Post
Jakarta: The Supreme Court has rejected the appeal of Abu Bakar Ba’asyir, upholding a lower court’s 15-year sentence on the firebrand cleric for running a terrorist training camp in Aceh.
“The court rejects the appeal by Abu Bakar Ba’asyir,” Supreme Court judge Djoko Sarwoko said as quoted by court spokesperson Ridwan Mansyur in Jakarta on Monday.
The Supreme Court also annulled the nine-year prison sentence for Ba’asyir handed down by the Jakarta High Court in October and reinstated the South Jakarta District Court’s original 15-year sentence, Kompas.com reported.
- Parties launch diversity campaign, counter anti-Ahok rally
- Ahok supporters lambasted for bringing party attributes to Car Free Day
- Setya Novanto, Surya Paloh stand up for diversity after anti-Ahok rally
- In remote Indian village, cannabis is its only livelihood
- Transjakarta summons operator for allegedly renting out buses for political gathering
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
- Ill-fated police plane carrying 13 exploded after hitting water: Witnesses
- First victim found, 12 remain missing in police plane crash
- Italians vote in referendum, Renzi vows to quit if he loses
- Jokowi feels euphoria on pitch after victory over Vietnam