Balinese language ‘will never die’
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
Despite the decreasing use of the Balinese language in daily life, two university professors say they are convinced that it will not disappear.
The growing membership of the Balinese diaspora is believed to play an important role in the survival of the language, they say.
“The Balinese language will never die, unless all Balinese have met their demise,” I Gusti Made Sutjaja, a l...
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction
- Fans in Japan rush to get Murakami book with esoteric title
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road