Balinese language ‘will never die’
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
Despite the decreasing use of the Balinese language in daily life, two university professors say they are convinced that it will not disappear.
The growing membership of the Balinese diaspora is believed to play an important role in the survival of the language, they say.
“The Balinese language will never die, unless all Balinese have met their demise,” I Gusti Made Sutjaja, a l...
- Obama arrives in Bali
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- Indonesia's Jangkrik field’s first LNG cargo delivered
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- Former US president Obama to arrive on Bali this afternoon
- Australian citizen denied entry to Bali due to criminal record
- Property developer sees potential to build office buildings for startups in Bali
- Indonesia's upstream projects proposed for strategic project list
- No extravagant ceremony to welcome Obama: Official
- Online drivers choose to stay in Jakarta to earn more cash