Balinese language ‘will never die’
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
Despite the decreasing use of the Balinese language in daily life, two university professors say they are convinced that it will not disappear.
The growing membership of the Balinese diaspora is believed to play an important role in the survival of the language, they say.
“The Balinese language will never die, unless all Balinese have met their demise,” I Gusti Made Sutjaja, a l...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting