Balinese language ‘will never die’
Ni Komang Erviani
The Jakarta Post
Despite the decreasing use of the Balinese language in daily life, two university professors say they are convinced that it will not disappear.
The growing membership of the Balinese diaspora is believed to play an important role in the survival of the language, they say.
“The Balinese language will never die, unless all Balinese have met their demise,” I Gusti Made Sutjaja, a l...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor