Spreading the spirit of sharing
The Jakarta Post
The Catholic community in Bantul, Yogyakarta, always celebrates Easter in ways steeped in tradition. This year it is also held with a united stand to spread the spirit of sharing with the poor.
C. Sugito, chairman of the Easter Celebration Committee of the Church of Jesus’ Holy Heart (HKTY) in Ganjuran, Bambanglipuro, Bantul, said the theme — “the Catholic community during times of c...
- Three dead, 20 injured in pileup in Puncak
- Italian woman saves money for 2 years to marry Indonesian villager
- Arrested Chinese ship flees Navy guard
- Interpol-listed fugitive arrested in Bali to be deported soon
- House urged to immediately pass election bill into law
- Vocational education key to competing globally: Minister
- Silicon Valley's $400 juicer may be feeling the squeeze
- Police shooting victims treated at Mimika Hospital
- Govt launches vocational education program for C. Java, Yogyakarta
- Remittances to developing countries fall in 2016, Indonesia worse