DBS ‘confident’ of approval for Danamon takeover
The Jakarta Post
Southeast Asia’s largest bank, Singapore’s DBS Group Holdings Ltd., is “confident” of securing approval to takeover Indonesia’s sixth-biggest lender, Bank Danamon (BDMN), despite receiving a frosty reception from local lawmakers, bankers and regulators.
“Given the way the Indonesian laws are structured, the bank is fairly confident and hopeful that it will receive approval withi...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion