DBS ‘confident’ of approval for Danamon takeover
The Jakarta Post
Southeast Asia’s largest bank, Singapore’s DBS Group Holdings Ltd., is “confident” of securing approval to takeover Indonesia’s sixth-biggest lender, Bank Danamon (BDMN), despite receiving a frosty reception from local lawmakers, bankers and regulators.
“Given the way the Indonesian laws are structured, the bank is fairly confident and hopeful that it will receive approval withi...
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy