How many provinces does Indonesia need?
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Since the introduction of regional autonomy over a decade ago, Indonesia has seen the formation of 205 new autonomous regions — seven provinces, 164 regencies and 34 municipalities — a drastic departure from 32 years of centralized government. In total, the country now has 529 autonomous regions: 33 provinces, 398 regencies and 98 municipalities. Proposals for additional regions continue, desp...
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- FBI investigating new person of interest in Vegas shooting
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey