Opposition grows within Golkar to Aburizal’s presidential bid
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Opposition to the nomination as presidential candidate of the Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie is gathering momentum within his own party. Disquiet at the plan has been voiced in the party’s branches in Sumatra, Java and the country’s eastern region.
Chairman of Golkar’s Aceh provincial chapter Sulaiman Abda said that he was one of several provincial party leaders who had decline...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Central government certifies islets C and D