Opposition grows within Golkar to Aburizal’s presidential bid
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Opposition to the nomination as presidential candidate of the Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie is gathering momentum within his own party. Disquiet at the plan has been voiced in the party’s branches in Sumatra, Java and the country’s eastern region.
Chairman of Golkar’s Aceh provincial chapter Sulaiman Abda said that he was one of several provincial party leaders who had decline...
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter