Opposition grows within Golkar to Aburizal’s presidential bid
Ridwan Max Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Opposition to the nomination as presidential candidate of the Golkar Party chairman Aburizal Bakrie is gathering momentum within his own party. Disquiet at the plan has been voiced in the party’s branches in Sumatra, Java and the country’s eastern region.
Chairman of Golkar’s Aceh provincial chapter Sulaiman Abda said that he was one of several provincial party leaders who had decline...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- Nigerian man shot dead in drugs bust
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault