Discourse : Aceh’s governor-elect touts business, sharia and reconciliation
PREMIUM Zaini Abdullah and his running mate, Muzakir Manaf, recently won Aceh’s gubernatorial election with more than 51 percent of the vote and are expected to lead the province until 2017. Both were senior members of the Free Aceh Movement (GAM), which waged a decades-long violent insurgency against the Indonesian government that ended with the signing of the Helsinki agreement in 2005. Zaini, GAM’s...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats