ASEAN human rights commission ‘toothless’: NGOs
The Jakarta Post
The ASEAN rights commission body has little to show for its more than two years of supposedly protecting and promoting human rights in the region, NGOs say.
Over the past two years, not much progress has been seen from the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR), while civil society organizations’ (CSOs) requests for progress reports or to join its meetings have receiv...
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Double diamond on Mount Fuji
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security