BI set to limit expansion of banks with small capital
The Jakarta Post
Banks with small capitalization may be limited in expanding their branches and services in Indonesia as Bank Indonesia (BI) plans to issue multiple licenses for banks operating in the country.
The multiple-license regulation will consider banks’ capitalization as a benchmark when issuing licenses, BI deputy governor Muliaman Hadad told a book launch panel discussion late on Wednesday.
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Organic farmers use natural seedling 'pots for higher yields
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Alleged motorbike thief shot dead by police
- Online prostitution ring busted in Bekasi
- Porsche Centre Jakarta: The best place to take care of your luxury cars