BI set to limit expansion of banks with small capital
The Jakarta Post
Banks with small capitalization may be limited in expanding their branches and services in Indonesia as Bank Indonesia (BI) plans to issue multiple licenses for banks operating in the country.
The multiple-license regulation will consider banks’ capitalization as a benchmark when issuing licenses, BI deputy governor Muliaman Hadad told a book launch panel discussion late on Wednesday.
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion