Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report