Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Students illegally worked overtime at Apple supplier
- Jakarta to give Rp 1.6 trillion to mass organizations, religious institutions
- Several villages hit by volcanic ash after Mt. Agung erupts in Bali
- Bandung man arrested for insulting Jokowi, Iriana on Facebook
- Karawang sets highest minimum wage in Indonesia
- 'Marlina' redefines women’s strength through polar extremes
- Government should turn attention to human resources development
- OK OCE budget set at Rp 82 billion
- Shoppers go on buying binge at Matahari store in West Jakarta
- Singapore's Mt. Agung travel advisory `excessive': BNPB