Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- South Korean national involved in fatal crash in South Jakarta
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival
- Aceh highlights traditional cuisine to promote halal tourism
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films