Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- Radicalism has dangerous effect on economy