Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Plagiarism: What can we learn from Afi's case
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats