Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Cuba to get ready for same sex marriage: Castro daughter
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Civilian appointed as temporary N. Sumatra governor