Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods