Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Telkomsel website hacked
- Lame-duck Ahok sees mounting defiance
- Long marches against Ahok to continue
- KPK says it will stick to rules over investigation confidentiality
- Elephant kills tour owner in Klungkung
- KPK summons Quran procurement graft suspect
- US economic growth weakened to 0.7 percent in first quarter
- Sharp Indonesia introduces new 12kg capacity washing machines
- Golkar says corrupt cadres harm political targets
- Private lender CIMB Niaga sees Q1 net profit soar 138 percent