Single time zone may begin in late October
The Jakarta Post
A government committee is proposing that Indonesia launch a single time zone for the entire nation — from Sabang to Merauke — on Sunday, Oct. 28.
“We can start the policy at midnight,” Edib Muslim, the spokesman for the Committee for the Expansion and Acceleration of Indonesian Economic Growth (KP3EI) said in Jakarta on Friday.
The date, which must be approved by the central...
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- Dementia clearly linked to chronic boozing: Study
- Seven lesser-known dive areas in Indonesia