‘Soegija’ sends a message of humanity
The Jakarta Post
Since filmmaker Garin Nugroho announced his upcoming film Soegija, he has had to face many questions.
The most frequent one was his reason for choosing Mgr. Albertus Magnus Soegijapranata SJ or Soegija, the first local-born Archbishop in the country.
His status as a national hero and the use of his name for a prominent Catholic university in Central Java do not necessarily make him ...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur