Tasikmalaya to make Muslim women wear headscarves
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The Tasikmalaya City Council will soon pass a regulation that will require all Muslim women, including visitors to the West Java city, to wear headscarves.
The regulation, which is currently being drafted by the local administration, will enact the Bylaw on Community Values Based on Muslim Teachings that was passed in 2009.
Tasikmalaya city secretary Tio Indra Setiadi said on Monday ...
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- ‘Unicorn Gundam’ illuminated, dazzles in official unveiling
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- ‘Otaku’ dating site’s advice to users: Have other interests besides anime