Tasikmalaya to make Muslim women wear headscarves
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The Tasikmalaya City Council will soon pass a regulation that will require all Muslim women, including visitors to the West Java city, to wear headscarves.
The regulation, which is currently being drafted by the local administration, will enact the Bylaw on Community Values Based on Muslim Teachings that was passed in 2009.
Tasikmalaya city secretary Tio Indra Setiadi said on Monday ...
- Why foreigners play American superheroes and that's (mostly) fine
- 7-Eleven sold as business declines
- Wreaths for Ahok reach thousand
- Anies' victory raises Muslim dignity in politics: PKS
- Indonesian militants can ‘easily’ enter Philippines
- Sandiaga to provide entrepreneurship program for thugs
- Role of women seen as vital to resisting Islamic extremism
- As KPK delves into BLBI, Jokowi says it was not Megawati's fault
- Nicki Minaj features Indonesian designer’s work in latest music video
- KPK goes all in on BLBI case