Tasikmalaya to make Muslim women wear headscarves
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The Tasikmalaya City Council will soon pass a regulation that will require all Muslim women, including visitors to the West Java city, to wear headscarves.
The regulation, which is currently being drafted by the local administration, will enact the Bylaw on Community Values Based on Muslim Teachings that was passed in 2009.
Tasikmalaya city secretary Tio Indra Setiadi said on Monday ...
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Afghan migrants go on rampage at Balikpapan detention center
- Bridge collapses in Tegal, Central Java
- Say no to plastic straws, urges antiplastic campaign
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Jagorawi toll traffic under control thanks to odd-even policy: Jasa Marga
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Nine injured in Thousand Islands boat explosion