Tasikmalaya to make Muslim women wear headscarves
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The Tasikmalaya City Council will soon pass a regulation that will require all Muslim women, including visitors to the West Java city, to wear headscarves.
The regulation, which is currently being drafted by the local administration, will enact the Bylaw on Community Values Based on Muslim Teachings that was passed in 2009.
Tasikmalaya city secretary Tio Indra Setiadi said on Monday ...
- Lazada.co.id to expand warehouses, merchants
- Only 4 of 6 US-granted F-16s arrive in Indonesia amid engine trouble
- Anies unaware of lunch meeting with mass organizations
- Iran Revolutionary Guards ready to back Palestinian forces
- No escape: Climate displacement in Indonesia
- Four arrested over alleged plan to attack police in Riau
- Jakarta Council Speaker urges Anies to focus on work
- Lining up for jab at life
- Activists slam Jokowi for lip service on human rights cases
- MK rejects petition against investment of haj funds