Tasikmalaya to make Muslim women wear headscarves
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The Tasikmalaya City Council will soon pass a regulation that will require all Muslim women, including visitors to the West Java city, to wear headscarves.
The regulation, which is currently being drafted by the local administration, will enact the Bylaw on Community Values Based on Muslim Teachings that was passed in 2009.
Tasikmalaya city secretary Tio Indra Setiadi said on Monday ...
- Father-son duo arrested over alleged drug dealing
- Wu's fans skip Chinese New Year for NBA All Star celebrity game
- China vows to protect interests as US eyes trade sanctions
- Adelina’s family demands compensation
- Indonesia mulls ban on maids to Malaysia
- Italy's country doctor making house calls on horseback
- East Java targets to vaccinate 10m following diphtheria outbreak
- Vatican revives pope's sexual abuse panel
- Pakistan child killer handed four death sentences
- Thamrin bombing mastermind inspired by Paris attack: Prosecutor