Tasikmalaya to make Muslim women wear headscarves
Yuli Tri Suwarni
The Jakarta Post
The Tasikmalaya City Council will soon pass a regulation that will require all Muslim women, including visitors to the West Java city, to wear headscarves.
The regulation, which is currently being drafted by the local administration, will enact the Bylaw on Community Values Based on Muslim Teachings that was passed in 2009.
Tasikmalaya city secretary Tio Indra Setiadi said on Monday ...
- EDITORIAL: Facing the EU palm oil policy
- Driver who dragged police officer across busway lane arrested
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Sanctuary for prowlers, yowlers
- Agency head ready for questioning on assault report
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS