Government makes last ditch effort at reform
Ridwan M. Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Before President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s term ends in 2014, his administration is attempting a last-ditch attempt at the impossible: overhauling the bureaucracy. Apart from three bills, there is a “grand design” for bureaucratic reform to achieve a professional, streamlined and clean bureaucracy.
Challenges abound. Following last year’s detention of Gayus H. Tambunan, the low-ra...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports
- Government should punish violent groups while also preserving democracy: Expert