Government makes last ditch effort at reform
Ridwan M. Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Before President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s term ends in 2014, his administration is attempting a last-ditch attempt at the impossible: overhauling the bureaucracy. Apart from three bills, there is a “grand design” for bureaucratic reform to achieve a professional, streamlined and clean bureaucracy.
Challenges abound. Following last year’s detention of Gayus H. Tambunan, the low-ra...
- Pertamina renewable investment portion to reach 15 percent by 2030
- Google Assistant adds more languages in global push
- Apple plans upgrades to popular AirPods headphones
- Construction of Central Jakarta Police headquarters to begin in April
- Actor Stephen Fry reveals battle with prostate cancer
- What to watch for in gadgets, deals from the biggest mobile show
- Hopeful travelers line up overnight for flight promotions
- Deputy governor Perry Warjiyo nominated to head Bank Indonesia
- Bogor reduces more than 5 tons of waste a day
- Death toll in Syria enclave tops 500 after UN delays truce vote