Government makes last ditch effort at reform
Ridwan M. Sijabat
The Jakarta Post
Before President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s term ends in 2014, his administration is attempting a last-ditch attempt at the impossible: overhauling the bureaucracy. Apart from three bills, there is a “grand design” for bureaucratic reform to achieve a professional, streamlined and clean bureaucracy.
Challenges abound. Following last year’s detention of Gayus H. Tambunan, the low-ra...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion