Sihhanto: A wayang master craftsman
Ganug Nugroho Adi
JP/Ganug Nugroho AdiKanjeng Raden Tumenggung Sihhanto Dipuro from the Surakarta Sultanate Palace displayed his wayang beber, a hand-painted scroll depicting legendary figures of eastern Javanese kingdoms, at the Hughes Gallery in Adelaide, Australia, from March to April.
Wayang beber was chosen because the story-telling art is very rare and Sihhanto’s scroll is based on an original sourc...
- Saudi Arabia's jailed trailblazers
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Suspected terrorist shot dead in Pamanukan for resisting arrest
- Mexico caught up in victorious jumble of joy
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- US Navy planning new camps to support immigration crackdown: Report