Reviving Usmar Ismail’s legacy
The Jakarta Post
While some Indonesians might be familiar with Usmar Ismail and his classic works, others might know little about the father of Indonesian cinema.
He is recognized for his efforts in developing the local film industry, including founding the Indonesian Film Producers Association (PPFI).
Among his credits are Darah dan Doa (Blood and Prayers, 1950), Enam Djam di Djogja (Six Hours in ...
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh
- Meghan Markle ties the knot -- but not with Prince Harry