Reviving Usmar Ismail’s legacy
The Jakarta Post
While some Indonesians might be familiar with Usmar Ismail and his classic works, others might know little about the father of Indonesian cinema.
He is recognized for his efforts in developing the local film industry, including founding the Indonesian Film Producers Association (PPFI).
Among his credits are Darah dan Doa (Blood and Prayers, 1950), Enam Djam di Djogja (Six Hours in ...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Jokowi's visit to Australia 'special': Foreign Ministry
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Indonesia drafting rules to end bank secrecy
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Transportation Ministry to issue NOTAM for King Salman’s arrival
- Construction of new Semanggi overpass to take only a month