Reviving Usmar Ismail’s legacy
The Jakarta Post
While some Indonesians might be familiar with Usmar Ismail and his classic works, others might know little about the father of Indonesian cinema.
He is recognized for his efforts in developing the local film industry, including founding the Indonesian Film Producers Association (PPFI).
Among his credits are Darah dan Doa (Blood and Prayers, 1950), Enam Djam di Djogja (Six Hours in ...
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- West Jakarta to collect tax arrears for hundreds of rental cars
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Khofifah has not resigned from the Cabinet, yet: Palace
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing