Reviving Usmar Ismail’s legacy
The Jakarta Post
While some Indonesians might be familiar with Usmar Ismail and his classic works, others might know little about the father of Indonesian cinema.
He is recognized for his efforts in developing the local film industry, including founding the Indonesian Film Producers Association (PPFI).
Among his credits are Darah dan Doa (Blood and Prayers, 1950), Enam Djam di Djogja (Six Hours in ...
- Indonesia urged to settle dispute amid Freeport workers' outcry
- Era of selling natural resources has ended: Jokowi
- Ahok focuses on online campaign in second round
- Prominent Indonesian journalist Ahmad Taufik dies
- Baby 'carrying baby' to undergo surgery at NTB hospital
- KPK names Andi Narogong a suspect in e-ID graft case
- Pharmaceutical industry grows by 7.5 percent to $5b
- State mining companies ready to take over Freeport
- Jokowi’s short meeting with Kendeng farmers ends in tears
- Jakarta gubernatorial candidates fight smear campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter