Reviving Usmar Ismail’s legacy
The Jakarta Post
While some Indonesians might be familiar with Usmar Ismail and his classic works, others might know little about the father of Indonesian cinema.
He is recognized for his efforts in developing the local film industry, including founding the Indonesian Film Producers Association (PPFI).
Among his credits are Darah dan Doa (Blood and Prayers, 1950), Enam Djam di Djogja (Six Hours in ...
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey