Why we need a ‘gender equality’ bill
Fitri Bintang Timur
Along with the hustle and bustle of domestic politics, religious intolerance and corruption news, last June focused the Indonesian public debated on whether the gender equality bill should stay on the agenda.
The Jakarta Post had mediated the discussion by presenting Julia Suryakusuma’s viewpoint — that women themselves can be patriarchs (June 27). Her article answered the inconvenienc...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares