The thirst for positive ‘deviant’ leaders
We are witnessing surprising good news from Jakarta’s gubernatorial election. Confounding numerous pre-election polls, quick counts have shown that Surakarta Mayor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo finished ahead of incumbent Governor Fauzi Bowo at the polls on Wednesday.
With neither of Jokowi nor Fauzi winning more than 50 percent of the vote, a runoff scheduled for Sept. 20 will decide the winn...
- Police fire tear gas at Bekasi church protestors
- Ahok's wife joins Twilite Orchestra practice session, plays cello
- Alleged terrorists wanted to make Halmahera new Poso: Police
- IN MEMORIAM: Legendary journalist Ahmad Taufik dies at 51
- Indonesia stops meat imports from Brazil
- Melinda Gates praises Indonesia’s e-money aid programs
- Ahok to ensure adequate health services for Jakartans
- Indonesia to build maritime, fisheries center in Nunukan: Minister
- Police fire tear gas on Muslims protesting church in Bekasi
- Jokowi to inaugurate center of Islam of the Archipelago