The thirst for positive ‘deviant’ leaders
We are witnessing surprising good news from Jakarta’s gubernatorial election. Confounding numerous pre-election polls, quick counts have shown that Surakarta Mayor Joko “Jokowi” Widodo finished ahead of incumbent Governor Fauzi Bowo at the polls on Wednesday.
With neither of Jokowi nor Fauzi winning more than 50 percent of the vote, a runoff scheduled for Sept. 20 will decide the winn...
- Contract to be extended to 2041 as Freeport agrees to divest 51% shares
- Studio Ghibli goes into full production for new Hayao Miyazaki film
- Indonesian N219 aircraft succeeds in first test flight
- Israeli firm offers 'anti-terrorism' adventure to tourists
- Soekarno-Hatta airport’s skytrain begins trial operation
- Jokowi wears traditional attire during annual state of the nation address
- Put on some weight, says politician to Jokowi in prayer
- Jokowi declares graft war in front House members, Setya
- EDITORIAL: Forever young Indonesia
- Teater Koma stages latest play ‘Warisan’ in silence