Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf: The eloquent Imam
The Jakarta Post
JP/Dina IndrasafitriAround two years have passed since the United States, and perhaps the world, became familiar with Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf.
His initiative to build a community center, which included a praying place for Muslims, around two blocks from the Lower Manhattan site of the Sept. 11 2001 tragedy resulted in him finding himself in the glare of the public spotlight and earned him t...
- EDITORIAL: Facing the EU palm oil policy
- Driver who dragged police officer across busway lane arrested
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Sanctuary for prowlers, yowlers
- Agency head ready for questioning on assault report
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS