Farmers shift tactics to collecting stones
The Jakarta Post
The increasing demand for Kolbano colored stones has made residents living near Kolbano Beach in Timor Tengah Selatan, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), change from farming to collecting stones.
Local residents collect the stones along the 30 kilometer coastline for companies operating under mining permits (IUP).
“If we stick to farming, we have to wait until the rainy season to grow our...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings