House bill silent on Sultan’s succession
Ridwan Max Sijabat and Bambang Muryanto
The Jakarta Post
The Tugu in Yogya. (JP)The contentious bill on the special status of Yogyakarta that is slated for endorsement on Wednesday is silent on one crucial issue: how to manage succession in the city’s two royal courts.
The question is not moot: Yogyakarta Governor Sultan Hamengkubuwono X, who leads the Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat palace is 67, while Deputy Governor Paku Alam IX, who heads the Pak...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang