House bill silent on Sultan’s succession
Ridwan Max Sijabat and Bambang Muryanto
The Jakarta Post
The Tugu in Yogya. (JP)The contentious bill on the special status of Yogyakarta that is slated for endorsement on Wednesday is silent on one crucial issue: how to manage succession in the city’s two royal courts.
The question is not moot: Yogyakarta Governor Sultan Hamengkubuwono X, who leads the Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat palace is 67, while Deputy Governor Paku Alam IX, who heads the Pak...
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Child beggar coordinators arrested in Depok
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal