House bill silent on Sultan’s succession
Ridwan Max Sijabat and Bambang Muryanto
The Jakarta Post
The Tugu in Yogya. (JP)The contentious bill on the special status of Yogyakarta that is slated for endorsement on Wednesday is silent on one crucial issue: how to manage succession in the city’s two royal courts.
The question is not moot: Yogyakarta Governor Sultan Hamengkubuwono X, who leads the Ngayogyakarta Hadiningrat palace is 67, while Deputy Governor Paku Alam IX, who heads the Pak...
- FPI protests ‘unfairness’ by West Java Police chief
- Agus-Sylvi leads in Jakarta election survey: Study
- Police name 5 suspects in foiled plot to traffic illegal workers to Malaysia
- Indonesia pledges leeway for obedient miners
- Twitter suspends several FPI accounts
- Police promise to investigate Ciampea attack
- Jokowi declines to comment on “Jokowi Undercover”
- Police may investigate Sylviana on alleged mosque construction graft
- Training aircraft crashes in East Java injuring cadet
- Jonan tells Freeport to release 51 percent of shares