60 million male smokers in RI, says minister
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
A recent survey reveals that Indonesians are some of the top smokers in the world with 67.4 percent of men over 15 years smoking.
The “Global Adult Tobacco Survey (GATS): Indonesia Report 2011” also shows that about 60 million people or 34.8 percent of total adults were active smokers, confirming that the tobacco epidemic is still rife in the country.
Health Minister Nafsiah Mboi...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods
- Nobel prize winner's book turned down by 19 publishers