Aceh teen’s suicide linked to sharia practice
The Jakarta Post
The apparent suicide of a teenage girl in Aceh should prompt officials to rethink harsh penalties imposed by sharia, a member of the National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) says.
The dead girl, identified as 16-year-old PE, was at a concert in Langsa, Aceh, on Sept. 3 when sharia police apprehended her during a raid and harangued her in public for allegedly engaging...
- Report unveils Muslim Cyber Army’s modus, purpose
- Japan condom makers hope for 2020 Olympic lift
- Chinese tourists just can't get enough of Thailand
- PRS admits to selling expired food
- LGBT people face uphill battle for rights
- EDITORIAL: Critical look at govt debt
- Indonesian film 'Kartini' screened at the UN in New York
- WhatsApp co-founder says it’s about time Facebook was deleted
- Indonesia, Singapore jointly open Nongsa Digital Park in Batam
- Indonesia to expand domestic biodiesel use