Aceh teen’s suicide linked to sharia practice
The Jakarta Post
The apparent suicide of a teenage girl in Aceh should prompt officials to rethink harsh penalties imposed by sharia, a member of the National Commission on Violence against Women (Komnas Perempuan) says.
The dead girl, identified as 16-year-old PE, was at a concert in Langsa, Aceh, on Sept. 3 when sharia police apprehended her during a raid and harangued her in public for allegedly engaging...
- Drone captures widened crater fracture on Mt Agung
- Freeport vehicles shot at by unidentified assailants
- Jakarta's Pacific Place opens doors to ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ universe
- Another coin-tossing elderly Chinese causes flight chaos
- S.Tangerang Police arrest man claiming to be FBR member for alleged extortion, violence
- Soekarno-Hatta to open ride-hailing transport booths
- Sidewalk development in North Jakarta has reached 45% completion
- Jakarta Fashion Week 2018 celebrates diversity in 10th anniversary
- Japan to hold ‘ninja certification’ test in Tokyo
- Want to have fantastic eye health? These tips can help