Mount Gamalama spews volcanic ashes
The Jakarta Post
Mount Gamalama in Ternate, North Maluku, spewed out volcanic ash on Sunday, showering some parts of the provincial capital that is currently hosting an international sailing event: Sail Morotai 2012.
Guests of Corner Palace Hotel panicked when a rain of ash fell for about 15 minutes.
Matut, 48, a local resident, said ask also rained down on Saturday night at 11 p.m. until the small h...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur