Mount Gamalama spews volcanic ashes
The Jakarta Post
Mount Gamalama in Ternate, North Maluku, spewed out volcanic ash on Sunday, showering some parts of the provincial capital that is currently hosting an international sailing event: Sail Morotai 2012.
Guests of Corner Palace Hotel panicked when a rain of ash fell for about 15 minutes.
Matut, 48, a local resident, said ask also rained down on Saturday night at 11 p.m. until the small hours of Sunday morning, Antara news agency reported.
Volcanic ash mostly blanketed the eastern and southern parts of Ternate, the capital of North Maluku province.
On May 9, a flood of cold lava from Mount Gamalama also hit some areas in the city, claiming the lives of three residents.
- New Android malware attacks more than 1 million Google accounts: Report
- Police satisfied with peaceful anti-Ahok rally
- House of Representatives remained secure, police chief says
- Singer Ahmad Dhani, activists declared treason suspects
- LIVE REPORT: Anti-Ahok rally
- Venturing into future of porn and sexuality in SEXPO
- 8 arrested on treason charges ahead of rally
- Government urged to control flood of textile imports from China
- US Embassy tightens security during anti-Ahok rally
- Hard for Ahok to bounce back: Expert