AHRD won’t be perfect, says Marty
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa has succumbed to the “flawed” draft of the first human rights declaration for Southeast Asian states, citing the diverse system of states in the region as a significant factor that hindered efforts to reach a “perfect” document.
“State interests of each nation are also different from one to another. Hence, a document that must be reached via conse...
- Another phreatic eruption reported at Mt. Merapi
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- Global warming may have 'devastating' effects on rice: Study
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- BTS’ new album shows what truly matters
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Macron in Russia for high
- China fines Muji for packaging that lists Taiwan as a country
- Amnesty highlights sex
- Costly holiday