AHRD won’t be perfect, says Marty
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa has succumbed to the “flawed” draft of the first human rights declaration for Southeast Asian states, citing the diverse system of states in the region as a significant factor that hindered efforts to reach a “perfect” document.
“State interests of each nation are also different from one to another. Hence, a document that must be reached via conse...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats