Blasphemy proposal challenged
Bagus BT Saragih and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
As President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono prepared to take the podium at the 67th session of the UN General Assembly to call for the adoption of an international protocol banning blasphemy, critics said that Indonesia had little moral authority to campaign on the issue.
Yudhoyono is expected to deliver his speech to the General Assembly on Tuesday local time, making a case for the anti-blasphem...
- Satpol PP officer dies after being hit by airport train
- Airport trains no longer have single fare
- French founder strives to elevate Indonesian brand at Maison&Objet
- Europe brings on charm and blue skies to lure Chinese tourists
- Twitter says Russia-linked accounts more widespread
- Electronic parking meters on Jl Sabang to be reactivated
- Tom Petty died of accidental overdose: family
- Bekasi Police arrest alleged sexual abuser after three-month pursuit
- Facebook to let users rank 'trust' in news sources
- Average British dinner lasts 21 minutes: survey