Blasphemy proposal challenged
Bagus BT Saragih and Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
As President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono prepared to take the podium at the 67th session of the UN General Assembly to call for the adoption of an international protocol banning blasphemy, critics said that Indonesia had little moral authority to campaign on the issue.
Yudhoyono is expected to deliver his speech to the General Assembly on Tuesday local time, making a case for the anti-blasphem...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Violent deaths overshadow Nicaragua crisis talks
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police end probe into blasphemy allegations against Sukmawati
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Chinese restaurant goes bankrupt after all-you-can-eat promo
- Mother's coffin falls on pallbearers, kills son in South Sulawesi funeral
- Trump threatened to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan: report
- Khong Guan cookie tin family mystery gets new explanation this Idul Fitri
- Greece, Macedonia sign historic deal to end name row