Yudhoyono touts blasphemy ban at UN
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono: (JP/Jerry Adiguna)Indonesia is calling on the UN’s member states to adopt a legally binding instrument to ban blasphemy against religious symbols and to promote dialogue between different faiths, civilizations and cultures.
Speaking before hundreds of world leaders at the UN General Assembly, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said such an instrument was needed ...
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- New York to ban cars from Manhattan's Central Park