Amran Nur: Doing it for Sawahlunto
The Jakarta Post
Sawahlunto mayor Amran Nur is a man who will probably do anything for his hometown.
Almost 10 years ago, he left his decades-old business in Jakarta, a comfortable life in the city and his golfing hobby, to return to his poverty-stricken hometown Sawahlunto nearly 90 kilometers from the West Sumatra capital of Padang.
During a short visit to the city, Amran surprisingly found that Sa...
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- Central government certifies islets C and D
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot