Amran Nur: Doing it for Sawahlunto
The Jakarta Post
Sawahlunto mayor Amran Nur is a man who will probably do anything for his hometown.
Almost 10 years ago, he left his decades-old business in Jakarta, a comfortable life in the city and his golfing hobby, to return to his poverty-stricken hometown Sawahlunto nearly 90 kilometers from the West Sumatra capital of Padang.
During a short visit to the city, Amran surprisingly found that Sa...
- Qatar interested in investing in Mandalika tourism zone: Luhut
- BTS presents tearful, beautiful finale of ‘Wings’ tour in Seoul
- Foreign prisoner escapes from Kerobokan prison
- Heavy rainfall in Jakarta topples trees, disrupts traffic
- ‘Wonder’, a wonderfully heartwarming film for all
- Rallies protesting Trump’s Jerusalem policy continue
- Gatot needs ‘soft-landing’ before retirement: Expert
- Anies visits inundated underpass in Dukuh Atas
- Online shops not causing closure of retail outlets: BPS
- Heavy rainfall unanticipated, says BPBD