Issues of the day: Yudhoyono touts blasphemy ban at UN
The Jakarta Post
Sept. 26, p. 2
Indonesia is calling on the UN’s member states to adopt a legally binding instrument to ban blasphemy and to promote dialogue between different faiths, civilizations and cultures.
Speaking before hundreds of world leaders at the UN General Assembly, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said such an instrument was needed to prevent incitements of violence based on relig...
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama