Yudhoyono gets lost in translation at UN
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Some of the luster of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s visit to New York faded earlier this week after he apparently fumbled a press conference at United Nations headquarters.
Yudhoyono backed out of a reception hosted by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon after the awkward incident on Wednesday, even though his presence had been confirmed by Indonesian officials, according to some dele...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur