Yudhoyono gets lost in translation at UN
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Some of the luster of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s visit to New York faded earlier this week after he apparently fumbled a press conference at United Nations headquarters.
Yudhoyono backed out of a reception hosted by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon after the awkward incident on Wednesday, even though his presence had been confirmed by Indonesian officials, according to some dele...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings