Yudhoyono gets lost in translation at UN
Bagus BT Saragih
The Jakarta Post
Some of the luster of President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono’s visit to New York faded earlier this week after he apparently fumbled a press conference at United Nations headquarters.
Yudhoyono backed out of a reception hosted by UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon after the awkward incident on Wednesday, even though his presence had been confirmed by Indonesian officials, according to some dele...
- 8 Chinese New Year dishes and their meaning
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Ahok in lead, followed by Anies, Agus after debate: Pollster
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia
- FPI leader calls for withdrawal of banknotes with ‘communist symbol’
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Police step up investigation into graft case involving Sylviana Murni
- Fertilizer factory worth $1.5b to be developed in Papua
- Jakarta elections commission to engage public in sorting, folding ballots
- Police urged to be more critical in handling public reports