1965 victims protest against ‘The Act Of Killing’
The Jakarta Post
A victim of the 1965 anticommunist purges in Medan, North Sumatra, Astaman Hasibuan, raised his voice in protest against the controversial film The Act of Killing, which tells the story of the massacre of Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) members in North Sumatra.
The film leaves out the role of the military, whereas in fact, said Astaman, most of the murders of PKI members in the province ...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Yogyakarta academicians call on MK chief justice to step down
- Novel Baswedan returns home
- Briton arrested over alleged attempt to smuggle diazepam