1965 victims protest against ‘The Act Of Killing’
The Jakarta Post
A victim of the 1965 anticommunist purges in Medan, North Sumatra, Astaman Hasibuan, raised his voice in protest against the controversial film The Act of Killing, which tells the story of the massacre of Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) members in North Sumatra.
The film leaves out the role of the military, whereas in fact, said Astaman, most of the murders of PKI members in the province ...
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Violent deaths overshadow Nicaragua crisis talks
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police end probe into blasphemy allegations against Sukmawati
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Chinese restaurant goes bankrupt after all-you-can-eat promo
- Mother's coffin falls on pallbearers, kills son in South Sulawesi funeral
- Trump threatened to send 25 million Mexicans to Japan: report
- Khong Guan cookie tin family mystery gets new explanation this Idul Fitri
- Greece, Macedonia sign historic deal to end name row