1965 victims protest against ‘The Act Of Killing’
The Jakarta Post
A victim of the 1965 anticommunist purges in Medan, North Sumatra, Astaman Hasibuan, raised his voice in protest against the controversial film The Act of Killing, which tells the story of the massacre of Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) members in North Sumatra.
The film leaves out the role of the military, whereas in fact, said Astaman, most of the murders of PKI members in the province ...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Three witnesses to be questioned in ex-Garuda boss' bribery case
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Deputy gubernatorial candidate notes error in police summons