Gerindra slows Prabowo bid
Margareth S. Aritonang
The Jakarta Post
The Great Indonesia Movement (Gerindra) Party says it will delay naming a presidential candidate, throwing a wrench into the plans of party leader Prabowo Subianto.
Gerindra has canceled a national convention slated for later this month to declare Prabowo’s candidacy, citing administrative reasons.
“We must concentrate on the [official] political party verification process, whic...
- PLN has signed contracts for power plants to generate 31,000 MW
- Anies, Sandiaga leave town
- Hundreds of residents escorted out of besieged Papuan villages
- Journalist named suspect over traffic accident involving Setya Novanto
- Jakarta least tolerant city in Indonesia: human rights group
- Pertamina says fuel prices need to be increased
- 'Despacito' sweeps Latin Grammys -- and heads to Asia
- Jokowi orders Setya to obey law
- Victoria's Secret gala hits snag in China as model pulls out
- Album Review: 'Reputation' by Taylor Swift