Putting it briefly: Chris John in title defense with Thai boxer
The Jakarta Post
World featherweight champion Chris John will fight Chonlatarn Piriyapinyo in his 17th title defense in Singapore on Nov. 9.
Toni Priatna, an assistant at Harry’s Gym where Chris trains, says that the Thai boxer has been undefeated in 44 matches.
People should look at the boxers the Thai fought against to measure his strength, Toni cautioned.
“He [Piriyapinyo] might have never fought a world [class] boxer,” Toni said on Monday as quoted by Antara news agency.
Piriyapinyo’s last match was against Richard Olisa of the Philippines in Thailand on June 1, while Chris’ last battle was against Japan’s Shoji Kimor on May 5 in Singapore, where the Indonesian pugilist won on decision, 118-109, 117-110 and 118-109).
Chris, who has been nicknamed The Dragon, is 47-2-0, including 22 KOs, while Piriyapinyo is 44-0-0, including 27 KOs.
- 'I don't accept the verdict': Jessica
- BREAKING NEWS: Judges sentence Jessica to 20 years in prison
- Judges find Jessica guilty despite lack of eyewitnesses
- Ahok sets Jakarta minimum wage at Rp 3.35m
- Indonesia brings home Miss Grand International 2016 title
- Seeking true happiness through meditation
- Guilty or not, Jessica to face verdict
- Indonesia, Australia team up to track extremist returnees
- Ahok still busy on his last day in office
- Judges ignored testimonies from defense witnesses: Lawyer