Anwar Kongo: An overnight celebrity from ‘The Act of Killing’
The Jakarta Post
“The Act of Killing is a headache,” spat out Anwar Kongo, the lead actor in the film of that name. Anwar claimed he was much sought after by local and foreign journalists since the film’s release.
The 72-year-old had not expected the movie in which he was cast would make him an overnight celebrity. Since the screening of the 149-minute film in the Toronto International Film Festival o...
- G30S/PKI film is the correct version of history: Tommy Soeharto
- Residents near Mt. Agung begin to relocate their livestock
- Uber tops 500,000 signatures on petition to halt London ban
- Wiranto calms fear over weapon shipment rumor
- Keep calm and enjoy Bali: Tourism association
- Owner of Islamic matchmaking site arrested, charged under Pornography Law
- Thousands flee rumbling Mount Agung
- Gatot order on PKI film could create division: PDI-P
- New Zealand's English claims mandate to form government
- Singapore IS fighter challenges Prince Harry in video