Anwar Kongo: An overnight celebrity from ‘The Act of Killing’
The Jakarta Post
“The Act of Killing is a headache,” spat out Anwar Kongo, the lead actor in the film of that name. Anwar claimed he was much sought after by local and foreign journalists since the film’s release.
The 72-year-old had not expected the movie in which he was cast would make him an overnight celebrity. Since the screening of the 149-minute film in the Toronto International Film Festival o...
- Chinese star Andy Lau fractures spine from horse riding accident
- Indonesian cable TV, property tycoon in DC to attend Trump's inauguration
- Activists apply for judicial review of relaxation of mineral export ban
- Zoo defends conditions following video of sun bears begging for food
- Small farmers not to blame for peat fires: Walhi
- Agus to prioritize dialogue in handling intolerant groups
- Harry Potter-themed café opens in Singapore
- Apple to raise UK app prices to counter weak pound
- Police investigate possible insult to state symbol during FPI rally
- First-borns tend to be less healthy, study suggests