Thousands swarm streets of Tangerang for rare festival
The Jakarta Post
Business in Tangerang, Banten, almost came to a halt on Saturday, as thousands thronged the city’s main roads for a parade to honor Kwan Im, the Buddhist goddess of mercy and one of the four great bodhisattvas in China.
From early in the morning, people from all walks of life and many religions flocked to witness the spectacle, which is held once every 12 years.
Performances of tra...
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Islamist groups to rally against Anies for 'turning his back' on Rizieq
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam