Editorial: Malala, world hero
The Jakarta Post
A 14-year-old girl in Pakistan is, hopefully, recovering from shots to her head and neck. Malala Yousufzai, winner of last year’s International Children’s Peace Prize, was shot on Oct. 9 for speaking out against a Taliban ban on girls’ education, as she continued to fight for the right to an education for herself and all other girls in her country.
The influential Sunni council in Pa...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Ancol to go cashless
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Google executive downplays AI’s possible threat to mankind
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- How to avoid paying exorbitant import taxes on goods bought abroad