Editorial: Malala, world hero
The Jakarta Post
A 14-year-old girl in Pakistan is, hopefully, recovering from shots to her head and neck. Malala Yousufzai, winner of last year’s International Children’s Peace Prize, was shot on Oct. 9 for speaking out against a Taliban ban on girls’ education, as she continued to fight for the right to an education for herself and all other girls in her country.
The influential Sunni council in Pa...
- Golkar to announce candidates for 2018 regional elections this month
- SM Entertainment releases statement over Taeyeon's airport incident
- 'Wiro Sableng 212' strives to define Indonesian films
- Rizieq wants to go home after being questioned in Saudi
- Jokowi signs election bill into law
- Anambas Islands to finish airport expansion in September
- SEA Games Malaysia: Agus Prayogo wins men’s marathon silver
- Prison expansion sought to solve overcrowding problem
- TNI commander Gatot moves closer to Muslim groups
- Lombok to host Ampenan Old Town Cultural Festival