Editorial: Malala, world hero
The Jakarta Post
A 14-year-old girl in Pakistan is, hopefully, recovering from shots to her head and neck. Malala Yousufzai, winner of last year’s International Children’s Peace Prize, was shot on Oct. 9 for speaking out against a Taliban ban on girls’ education, as she continued to fight for the right to an education for herself and all other girls in her country.
The influential Sunni council in Pa...
- Media mogul declared intimidation suspect
- NGO sues Indonesian government over Ahmadiyah persecution
- Bumi Resources finally obtains effective statement to restructure debt
- Guard allows theft of prison van, multiple collisions follow
- Digital tourist center now open in Soekarno-Hatta’s Terminal 3
- South Sulawesi to host Bira Beach Run
- Police to question media mogul Hary Tanoe as suspect in alleged threat against prosecutor
- Australia sends spy planes to south Philippines
- No serious issues during this year’s Idul Fitri exodus: Police
- Sandiaga opposes expanding motorcycle ban to more Jakarta thoroughfares