UN official says sexual education important
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
A visiting United Nations official has stressed the importance of sexual education for young people. He said that many in this age group are sexually active and as such, are vulnerable to sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
“Without proper sex education young people, particularly girls, will [undergo] early pregnancy and unsafe abortion. Even more, they are at the high risk...
- EU launches defence pact it calls 'bad news for enemies'
- Three drug dealers sentenced to death in Riau
- City to cover expenses of Christmas celebration at Monas
- Jakarta’s floods claim life of toddler
- Indonesia wins trade dispute on fatty alcohols with EU
- Dalai Lama turns to iPhone to spread app-iness
- Ministries hand over voter data to KPU
- Singapore Airlines and SilkAir to roll out new airfare pricing
- Indonesia making progress in global ICT ranking
- PGI refuses to celebrate Christmas at Monas