UN official says sexual education important
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
A visiting United Nations official has stressed the importance of sexual education for young people. He said that many in this age group are sexually active and as such, are vulnerable to sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
“Without proper sex education young people, particularly girls, will [undergo] early pregnancy and unsafe abortion. Even more, they are at the high risk...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China