UN official says sexual education important
Elly Burhaini Faizal
The Jakarta Post
A visiting United Nations official has stressed the importance of sexual education for young people. He said that many in this age group are sexually active and as such, are vulnerable to sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV/AIDS.
“Without proper sex education young people, particularly girls, will [undergo] early pregnancy and unsafe abortion. Even more, they are at the high risk...
- House asked to open up closed-door discussion on terrorism bill
- AGO probes alleged corruption implicating Pertamina Patra Niaga, Ratu Energy Indonesia
- PlayStation VR owners can now watch 360-degree YouTube videos
- Local startup caters to pet-related needs
- Terror convicts may still be radical despite renouncing terrorism
- Ad hoc team begins studying Patimban project
- Theater show about Maluku's Run Island to be performed in New York
- Indonesia probes police unit held in Sudan
- Jokowi calls for cuts to gas prices
- Ahok reports FPI leaders to police for perjury