New terrorist group may have links to the ‘usual suspects’: BNPT
The Jakarta Post
The recent arrest of several terrorist suspects may be associated with efforts by groups linked with top figures of the Jamaah Islamiyah (JI) to diversify the scope of their attacks, according to the National Counterterrorism Agency (BNPT).
BNPT chairman Ansyaad Mbai said on Wednesday that the suspects were connected with each other or with the existing terrorist groups.
“They may ...
- Obama’s Bali trip includes museum visit, rice terraces, rafting adventure
- 7-Eleven loses steam due to alcohol ban, tight margin: Business group
- Jokowi enjoys 'mudik' to Surakarta for Idul Fitri
- Men mugged with lighter in Bekasi
- As maids enjoy 'mudik,' Greater Jakarta families stay at hotels
- Medan attack perpetrators want to steal weapons for next terrorist operations: Police
- N. Jakarta officials improve data to pave way for Anies's OK-OCE program
- Incoming OJK boss visits minister before taking office
- Do not return on weekend, toll road operator tells Jakartans
- Medan Police attackers linked to IS: Police