Flooding forces wild elephants out of habitat
The Jakarta Post
Major flooding hitting three districts in Rokan Hulu regency, Riau, has forced scores of wild elephants out of their habitat and into the nearby oil palm plantations of local residents.
The presence of the wild animals, which have appeared in the evenings over the last three days, has caused restlessness among residents of Kasiamang hamlet in Kepenuhan district.
Afraid that the anima...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Cruise company to offer trips to Makassar, Semarang