Flooding forces wild elephants out of habitat
The Jakarta Post
Major flooding hitting three districts in Rokan Hulu regency, Riau, has forced scores of wild elephants out of their habitat and into the nearby oil palm plantations of local residents.
The presence of the wild animals, which have appeared in the evenings over the last three days, has caused restlessness among residents of Kasiamang hamlet in Kepenuhan district.
Afraid that the anima...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Tanah Abang road closure part of Anies’ 'one-man show', councillor says