PKI purge not a gross violation of human rights, says AGO
The Jakarta Post
Attorney General Basrief Arief said the systematic persecution of alleged members of the Indonesian Communist Party (PKI) after the failed 1965 coup was not a gross human rights violation.
Speaking after taking part in a ceremony to mark the National Heroes Day at the Kalibata Heroes Cemetery on Saturday, Basrief repeated his statement saying that the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) reje...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain