AGO rebuff of PKI report a blow to human rights
The Jakarta Post
The decision by the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) to dismiss the National Commission on Human Rights’ (Komnas HAM) finding that the 1965 communist purge was a gross violation of human rights is a setback for the human rights campaign in the country.
Komnas HAM said that the AGO’s decision was premature and that it could further degrade the institution’s image as obstructionist in...
- Freeport seeks settlement
- Religious expert says Ahok's remarks blasphemous
- Hijab: A personal choice
- Jokowi criticizes Trade Ministry for lack of innovation
- NU cleric blames Ahok for unnecessary polemic by quoting Quran
- Indonesia’s GDP to reach $9.1 trillion by 2045: Jokowi
- Indonesia focuses on internal reform to enhance investment climate
- Business permits no longer need renewing as of today
- Preserving heritage with locals
- Malaysian detained for immigration violation