AGO rebuff of PKI report a blow to human rights
The Jakarta Post
The decision by the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) to dismiss the National Commission on Human Rights’ (Komnas HAM) finding that the 1965 communist purge was a gross violation of human rights is a setback for the human rights campaign in the country.
Komnas HAM said that the AGO’s decision was premature and that it could further degrade the institution’s image as obstructionist in...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Ancol to go cashless
- Sriwijaya's trick of the trade in maintaining maritime sovereignty
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Telstra establishes new cyber security center
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Take bite out of mosquitoes by using nuclear technology, forum told
- Uber loses licence to operate in London: authorities