AGO rebuff of PKI report a blow to human rights
The Jakarta Post
The decision by the Attorney General’s Office (AGO) to dismiss the National Commission on Human Rights’ (Komnas HAM) finding that the 1965 communist purge was a gross violation of human rights is a setback for the human rights campaign in the country.
Komnas HAM said that the AGO’s decision was premature and that it could further degrade the institution’s image as obstructionist in...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Gorontalo orphanage molestation suspect previously convicted of same crime