Keep on spending during crisis, says Yudhoyono
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono says that maintaining people’s purchasing power during an economic crisis would be the best policy as opposed to adopting austerity measures as a remedy.
“This strategy is called the ‘keep buying strategy’. During crisis, it is important for us to ensure that everyone will not stop buying products and services for their needs,” Yudhoyono said du...
- Pork Festival changes name to Imlek Culinary Festival following protests
- Kim Tae-hee chooses custom-made dress over branded designs
- Indonesian policymakers prepare for US transition
- China overtakes Indonesia as Singapore's top market for tourists
- Indonesia to fight against forest fires starting early this year
- Indonesia to revise 20 regulations in next economic stimulus package
- World's primates facing extinction crisis, new report says
- SHORT STORY: Love as sweet as poison
- AGO stops investigation into Grand Indonesia's alleged state losses
- Indonesians love of Mecca boosts lucrative ‘umrah’ business