Keep on spending during crisis, says Yudhoyono
Hans David Tampubolon
The Jakarta Post
President Susilo Bambang Yu-dhoyono says that maintaining people’s purchasing power during an economic crisis would be the best policy as opposed to adopting austerity measures as a remedy.
“This strategy is called the ‘keep buying strategy’. During crisis, it is important for us to ensure that everyone will not stop buying products and services for their needs,” Yudhoyono said du...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Jokowi warns investment board to keep rivalry mindset, speed