Insight: BPMigas dissolution: A political comedy
Lin Che Wei
The recent Constitutional Court decision declaring upstream oil and gas regulator BPMigas unconstitutional highlights how political interference produces major setbacks for the nation. There are three reasons why we believe this move is political in nature rather than based on sound political-economic logic.
Let’s start with the final act before proceeding to Act 1. Scene: Constitutional ...
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit