Insight: BPMigas dissolution: A political comedy
Lin Che Wei
The recent Constitutional Court decision declaring upstream oil and gas regulator BPMigas unconstitutional highlights how political interference produces major setbacks for the nation. There are three reasons why we believe this move is political in nature rather than based on sound political-economic logic.
Let’s start with the final act before proceeding to Act 1. Scene: Constitutional ...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods