Insight: BPMigas dissolution: A political comedy
Lin Che Wei
The recent Constitutional Court decision declaring upstream oil and gas regulator BPMigas unconstitutional highlights how political interference produces major setbacks for the nation. There are three reasons why we believe this move is political in nature rather than based on sound political-economic logic.
Let’s start with the final act before proceeding to Act 1. Scene: Constitutional ...
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Supreme Court receives Ahok’s case review petition
- Visitors flock to Kopi Johny to talk to Hotman Paris Hutapea about legal matters
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq