Migrant worker ‘commits suicide’ in Dubai
The Jakarta Post
An Indonesian migrant worker from Maros regency, South Sulawesi, reportedly hung herself in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The worker, identified as Darni binti Eli Maknun, 33, was declared dead on Oct. 18, but her family was only informed of her passing on Nov. 8.
Notice of her death was received in a letter from PT Prima Duta Persada, a labor exporting company. The letter was accompa...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Barito Pacific secures $250 million loan to acquire Star Energy Group Holdings