Editorial: New leaders of assertive China
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China — essentially the supreme decision-making mechanism within the party — concluded on Thursday, confirming the appointment of Xi Jinping to succeed Hu Jintao as China’s leader. The week-long congress formally named Xi as the party’s general-secretary and, surprisingly, also appointed him chairman of the Central Military Commission (C...
- Minibus driver used Facebook before deadly crash: reports
- 53 injured as Saudi jet makes emergency landing
- Fuel consumption in Papua drops ahead of Idul Fitri
- Unattended suitcase causes security alert in Batam
- Police find 'missing' teen's body at South Jakarta apartment
- FamilyMart to allow Airbnb users to pick up keys at its stores
- Commentary: Soeharto's most likely successor? How about Prabowo?
- Women paid more than men for same job in Indonesia: Global survey
- 'Solo' director says new 'Star Wars' film puts character first
- Florida cities are most at risk from climate change: Report