Editorial: New leaders of assertive China
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China — essentially the supreme decision-making mechanism within the party — concluded on Thursday, confirming the appointment of Xi Jinping to succeed Hu Jintao as China’s leader. The week-long congress formally named Xi as the party’s general-secretary and, surprisingly, also appointed him chairman of the Central Military Commission (C...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- For bankers transplanted by Brexit, a guide to life in Frankfurt
- Myanmar's ethnic Rakhine seek Muslim-free 'buffer zone'