Govt urged to respond to France’s palm oil tax plan
The Jakarta Post
The local palm oil industry has demanded that the government lodge a formal protest with France following the French Senate’s approval on a measure that will quadruple import tax on palm oil, a key ingredient in its food industry.
French lawmakers reportedly passed the measure last week, which will raise the existing tax of €100 (US$127) per ton of palm oil to €400 per ton, to encoura...
- 5 barges destroy coral in Karimunjawa
- Saudi king and Indonesia's hypocrisy, opportunism
- Indonesia still struggles to close gender equality gap: UNDP
- Anti-cement plant rally goes on after farmer’s death
- Papua asks for 10 percent in Freeport divestment
- Korea to issue e-visas for Southeast Asians to tackle THAAD fallout
- Foreigners eager to revisit Jakarta
- Caledonian Sky destroyed more than 18,000 m2 of pristine Raja Ampat reefs, survey concludes
- Bekasi to verify data on 1,700 foreign workers
- Before Parliament violence, other attacks on Britain