Govt urged to respond to France’s palm oil tax plan
The Jakarta Post
The local palm oil industry has demanded that the government lodge a formal protest with France following the French Senate’s approval on a measure that will quadruple import tax on palm oil, a key ingredient in its food industry.
French lawmakers reportedly passed the measure last week, which will raise the existing tax of €100 (US$127) per ton of palm oil to €400 per ton, to encoura...
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Farmers use organic farming to reduce dependence on imported pesticides, fertilizers
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta-Bandung high speed train fares may reach Rp 500,000
- Indonesia to hand over 2m ha of forest land to locals: Minister
- Could the Swedish trend of ‘plogging’ help you get fit in 2018?
- Catholic leader forgives attacker of Yogyakarta church