Govt urged to respond to France’s palm oil tax plan
The Jakarta Post
The local palm oil industry has demanded that the government lodge a formal protest with France following the French Senate’s approval on a measure that will quadruple import tax on palm oil, a key ingredient in its food industry.
French lawmakers reportedly passed the measure last week, which will raise the existing tax of €100 (US$127) per ton of palm oil to €400 per ton, to encoura...
- Anies wants FPI to improve its image
- Tourist boat capsizes in Thousand Islands
- Ministry to prioritize infrastructure in four sectors in 2018
- Sports ministers of Indonesia, Malaysia settle flag incident
- Delayed abortion regulation denies sexual abuse victims’ rights: Critics
- Bekasi bird shop owner suspected of avian flu infection
- BNI launches special account for disadvantaged children
- Apple under pressure to dazzle as market slows
- Korean national named suspect in fatal car crash
- Lake Toba to host Lake Toba Charm Carnival 2017