Govt urged to respond to France’s palm oil tax plan
The Jakarta Post
The local palm oil industry has demanded that the government lodge a formal protest with France following the French Senate’s approval on a measure that will quadruple import tax on palm oil, a key ingredient in its food industry.
French lawmakers reportedly passed the measure last week, which will raise the existing tax of €100 (US$127) per ton of palm oil to €400 per ton, to encoura...
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- No ticketing on first day of Sudirman-Thamrin odd-even trial run
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere